But . . . this is not completely bad. I did come back recharged and excited about creating. Of course, real life intervened, keeping me from just diving completely into my fabric stash. That, too, is probably a good thing. (I sound like I'm trying too hard, huh?)
Anyway, I FINISHED the christening gown!
It sort of made it through the cleaners. I had to go back and repair one of the sleeves. That sheer fabric is just so darned old - why do things keep reminding me of that? - it was shredding away from the seam. I thought about it and after some careful hand repair with a needle and thread, I pulled out a trusty 21st century solution - glue! Yep, they make glue for everything and some fine ones for fabric that remain nice and soft after they dry, which is important in a baby item. This one is also supposed to be able to survive dry cleaning later!
I'm proud and pleased that I was able to make this gown, but I really wanted to get back to quilting. I did a quick little project for a young friend of mine with a new Kindle.
I used my Nook for the picture. What really made me happy is that I followed, with a little tweaking, written instructions that I had made up when I made the cover for my nook. At the time, I was thinking that I might try to sell the pattern. I did make some changes to the original design, but those are based on what I don't like about the first one. So you could say this is the new and improved pattern! I might still try to get this published. That's a big step though, and kind of scary.
I'm heading back to my sewing room. There's more to do, because so many things SA(y) Quilts!