Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome to SA Quilts

It has been pointed out to me by family and friends that I should be telling the world about the quilts I make. Not that I think they are extra special - though most people think they are nice. (Thank you!) I haven't ever sold one, nor entered one in a show. I'm still a little timid for that. Every one that I've made has gone to someone else though, and that's been good enough for me. But, I would like to share a little more. So here's my latest quilt. It was made for my son, to celebrate his commissioning into the Army as a 2nd Lt. The pattern is from Eleanor Burns book, Star Spangled Favorites. It is actually one of the few quilts that I've done that's machine pieced and quilted. I'm one of those that like to hand quilt. (I heard that moaning.) I find hand quilting peaceful; with machine quilting I'm always worried that I'm not doing it right. Maybe that feeling will go away with practice. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think. In the meantime remember, lots of things SA(y) Quilts
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment